Saturday, November 7, 2009

Holy Fricken Cow!


Yep, its true....According to the 3 home pregnancy test I have taken in the past two days and the test at the health center, I am officially "with child." It doesnt seem real yet, except for the fact that I think I am having some nausea issues, my stomach already feels bloated and bigger to me, my chest size seems to have grown to a from a 34A to a 34A and a half, and I took an hour nap today because I was exhausted...its funny how the mental consciouseness of the fact that I am pregnent can make me notice symptoms more easily.
I know some people may think we are crazy, I wouldnt blame them, I mean we have not even been married for a year yet. All I can say is that we felt that it was right, we prayed about it, and obviously it was meant to be for us at this time. I am going to finish school even with a screaming little baby around, I am determined to, and I am excited for the challenge when it comes...Bring it!
So now begins the long wait...I am 4 weeks along so far, and the due date is July 15th, which is my nieces birthday! That would be so cool if it could happen on the same day as little Cambree. For the past few weeks I have had the feeling that I was pregnant, so I started to do things that pregnant women do to make sure their baby is healthy from eating alot, doing tiny exercises, drinking TONS of water (which makes me have to pee 3 times throughout each of my classes) and even sleeping all night on my left side, which by the way, is not my favored side to sleep on, but what can I say; Motherhood is a sacrifice and I am happy and 100% willing to do it.
We are excited to see if we are going to have a little Cragen or a little Jenna, and we would be happy with either. Now I have to practice my patience, 8 more months to go. And during these next 8 months, I am going to get ready to be a mother and do all that I can so that I can be ready to raise one of the Lord's children and care for that child more than anything in the world. I am so grateful that our prayers were answered and that we will be able to experience what life is really all about in 8 months; a loving eternal family. Our lives will change forever, but we are determined to make the best out of it, and I know we will with the help of the Lord. We will be seeing you soon Little Baby Retherford...Mommy and Daddy love you very much and cant wait to meet you!



6 comments:

  1. Jenna, what a great posting to read. Such exciting news for you two. I got pregnant about four months after I was married.....and I have never regretted it. Your love for this baby you will have is so strong already, you will be a good mommy. Take care of yourself.....and always remember the Lord is right there with you guys as well as your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Angela. I am excited, but am willing to hear any and all advice that is out there to make sure I will be ready! feel free to shoot me an email if you have advice that you would want to share =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna- I saw your posting on Facebook and I thought I would check your blog for details! Congrats.... that is awesome! i am excited to be your baby's daddys cousins wife! What wonderful new! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Jen! I am so excited for you! I love babies! Aww... I want a baby... you will have to let me play with your baby every once in a while ok? since I am far from having my own. We need to hang out some time! I miss you girl! But Congrats! You will be an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO exciting! Congrats! Youll be so prepared from that pregnancy class. lol I hope the morning sickness goes away fast. NO FUN! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are excited for you, too. Wow, number 10 for our clan!

    ReplyDelete