Holy cow where did the time go?! Carter is officially 7 months today and at this moment his is incredibly happy and crawling everywhere. There is not much more to say from the last post other than now he is a professional crawler and he is beginning to pick up speed. Its getting to the point that I actually have to TRY to crawl fast when we play the "chase mommy" game. He also pulls himself up to standing position pretty much without even trying. Just the other day he even let go of his base and stood for about a second before falling.Its crazy to think that he is this mobile and active when a few months ago he could only lay down and look around. I can definitely tell he is happier being able to go explore and move to where he wants to be. Me, on the other hand, I definitely need to start baby proofing the house. For example, the other day I went to throw away his dirty diaper and when I came back to him he had stood up on our bookshelf, grabbed the desitin, and was chewing on the cap! Crazy Kid!
Mr. Carter's favorite word is "dada" and Cragen is so proud. I tried to tell him its only because its easy for Carter to say and that he is not doing it on purpose, but he refuses to believe me! I also tried to tell Cragen that Carter probably thinks "dada" is my name, but this was only to make me feel better =) It is pretty hilarious when I say "Carter, say mama" and his response is "dada." That's ok, Cragen, I will let you have your glory! We'll see whose name he says on purpose when he really starts to talk in a few months ;)
Mr. Carter also loves to kiss Cragen and I. I think this must mean we give him WAY too many kisses! When we give him a kiss he usually does it right back. And when I say "kiss" I mean he opens his whole mouth and puts it on our face, slobbers everywhere, and makes the kissing noise that we make when we kiss him. Its really cute but sometimes overwhelming. When he wants to kiss us he will keep his mouth open and follow our face until he completes his mission. Its funny and adorable. Along with kissing, Carter has been more cuddly with us. And when I say "cuddly" I mean he will lay his head on us for about 2 to 3 seconds before he starts moving around like crazy again. This kid is so active, but I am happy to see that he is starting to show affection to Cragen and I. It makes us feel more like parents, at least it makes me feel more like a mother, for sure!
It's fun to read the updates on Carter...he sure is happy and cute! We miss him oh and you guys too. Take care!
ReplyDelete